This ‘Hand in Hand’ video tries to bring alive the spirit and purpose of the All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors.
Watch it here: Hand in Hand video
All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors are dedicated individuals who promote sustainable development and stewardship of the Atlantic Ocean. The Youth Ambassadors have developed campaigns and reach out to local communities, students and civil society, have engaged with decision-makers as well as worked with local media to conserve and protect the Atlantic Ocean for future generations. The All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassador Programme is being developed under the framework of the Galway and Belém Statements to promote All-Atlantic research and innovation cooperation. The Youth Ambassadors are supported by the All-Atlantic Research & innovation projects in the development of online or local campaigns and events.
The first goal of the Ambassadors will be to campaign and drive change in their own communities. In their Youth Advocacy & Activism the Youth Ambassadors will:
- become actors for change for the Atlantic Ocean
- design and develop communication campaigns around ocean issues
- reach out and engage local communities and experience the challenges of those living by the Ocean
- maximise impact of activities through the development of content (e.g. articles, videos, blogs, performances)
- lead by example on sustainability through the mobilisation of local capacity for small community projects.
- be the generation that makes the difference
- embody the power of Science Diplomacy, specifically the Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance
This video was produced by the Marine Institute coordinators in the Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance Coordination & Support Action.
The Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance Coordination & Support Action has received funding from the EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under Grant Agreement No. 652677.
|Name: Isa Woulfe|
|Profession: AORA-CSA / Marine Institute|