The OCEANS 2018 Charleston conference brings together 2,000 of the world’s leading marine professionals in an intimate and active coastal setting to network, collaborate, and learn about cutting-edge research, innovations, technologies, and applications in the marine technology and engineering fields.
- Over 500 technical presentations covering globally trending and ground-breaking technology & research topics.
- Plenary sessions featuring prominent Government and industry leaders on issues impacting the management of the health of our oceans, the resilience of our coasts and tying together the vast concept of connections among space, atmospheric, oceanic and coastal research and observations.
- Networking & collaboration with influencers and decision makers who drive the industry from government, military, supplier, and academic research and application. Charleston is home to multiple ocean and coastal research and management capabilities including the Southeast Coastal Ocean Observing System, and opportunities will exist to meet and expand relationships with NOAA, ONR the US Navy, and NASA. All will be represented in force.
- The most innovative and economic vendors and suppliers will be exhibiting and demonstrating existing and innovative new technology solutions for application challenges in marine vehicles, instrumentation and sensors, software and systems. All breaks and lunches will be held on the exhibit floor to further enhance the attendee/exhibitor interaction time and focus on technology solutions, and a special theater area will be established on the floor to support industry and business presentations.
- Activities and events highlighting local historic sites, coastal destinations, and the best of local cuisine will create opportunities to spend more time with colleagues and partners to grow relationships in a world-class setting known for hospitality.
- A robust Student Poster Competition and additional non-competitive student poster sessions, providing opportunities for exposure to the next generation of marine professionals serving businesses, academia, and government and other sectors.